Thursday, May 27, 2010

Crockpot Chicken

Have you ever watched Robin Miller on the Food Network?  Well she takes a set number of ingrediants and cooks them one night to use them for a couple other meals throughout the week.  So I used Robin Miller's style cooking today!

A Year of Slow Cooking is a great blog if you have not checked it out.  In 2008 she made something in her crock pot every day so she had 365 receipes in 2008 alone!  So maybe she has slowed down and is now only posting one every couple of days but if you have ever wondered by you registered for the crock pot on your wedding registry well she will have something you will love to make!  Today I am using her shredded chicken receipe as a guide.

First I started by taking a package of bone-in chicken breasts.  I removed the skins because my husband hates chicken fat, well I do to when I come to think of it...Anyways, liberally apply salt and pepper.  Throw them bone side down into a crock pot.  Turn on low for 5-6 hours.  I didn't add any liquid this time but next time I may add about 1/2-1 cup of water as my breasts didn't make as much liquid (broth) as I would have liked.



With these 3 chicken breasts I will make Chicken Spaghetti, Chicken Salad Sandwiches, Chicken & Shrimp Eggrolls and Goyza (Potstickers)!

No comments:

Post a Comment