Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Homemade Croutons

So I can't get enough of my Krustbuster!  I've made PB&J, chicken salad sandwiches, and breakfast sandwiches.  I can't keep enough bread in the house!  After making the breakfast sandwiches, which contained scrambled eggs, bacon and cheese, I kept the crusts to make homemade croutons!  So easy, so fun and so YUMMY!

What you need:
bread (I used the crusts from my sandwiches I made with Krustbuster)
butter
seasoning (I used garlic powder, onion powder and an Italian seasoning blend)

Cut the bread so you have about 1 inch pieces. 


Melt about 2 tablespoons of butter. Mix in 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon onion powder, and 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning.  I'd add a pinch of salt too!


Bake at 250 degrees for about 20-30 minutes, stopping to stir about every 5-7 minutes.

Yummy!  There are only about half left at this point because I snacked on them all night!  Sometimes I'll choose croutons to snack on over chips.  I know I'm weird that way!  Enjoy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment