Monday, March 15, 2010

You must try the....Krustbuster!

Raise your hand if you have ever bought the Smuckers P, B and J sandwiches in the freezer section at your grocery store. [raise hand]. I totally love these sandwiches for my 2 year old the whole family!! Simply grab, thaw, and serve! They don't have crust and are neatly sealed all the way around so there isn't a chance of dripy jelly making its way to my daughter's shirt, if you know what I mean! Target occassionaly carries these with wheat bread, which is what I prefer. Soooooo my grandmother bought be neatest thing....the Krustbuster
. This $10 contraption is my new favorite toy {sad, i know}. I couldn't wait to go out and buy a new loaf of bread to try it!!! Here's my try... The only thing you need is peanut butter (creamy or chunky, your choice), jelly, FRESH bread (the moister the better seal) and the Krustbuster!!!

Spread your peanut butter on the inside of the two slices of bread about the size of the Krustbuster. You may ask why spread pb on both sides?? Well it keeps the jelly from soaking into the bread. {smile}

Next spread the jelly on one piece of bread but make sure it is well within the inside of the Krustbuster area--ensures a good seal.


Place the sandwhich on the Krustbuster, centering the PB&J area with the machine. Can I even call this a machine???

Press down until the krust starts to separate. Open the Krustbuster and Viola!

Now you have a perfect sandwhich, sealed and ready to be served or frozen for later.
Within minutes I made 4 sandwhiches! These are great, you control the ingrediants use Organic peanut butter, low sugar jelly or whatever you want.

I wrapped each sandwhich in wax paper and put them in a ziploc baggie, labeled it with the contents and date and I'm done.

I shared this at



 



I am not affiliated nor did I receive anything from the Krustbuster but love their product dearly!

1 comment:

  1. Wow you can freeze them for later just like the Smucker's one? Where do you buy one. You've sold me simply so I don't have to make sandwiches for lunch in the morning when that is the last think I want to do.

    ReplyDelete